Thursday, June 4, 2015

Run From-Run To

I remember running as fast as I could...not looking back to see who was behind me or beside me. I wanted to win. I was in the fifth grade and my daddy was cheering me on, running beside me from the sidelines. Fast forward some 30 something years and I look back on the race thus far and I can see that my Heavenly Daddy has been doing the same thing, cheering me on. Oh I ran from, ran to and ran in circles and they all have the same finish line...eternity.
I ran from my life to painkillers that numbed for a while. Then praise the Lord, I ran back to Him. Now I spend my days running in the direction of His voice. I run to my children when they call and I say as many yes's as possible. I run to my husband when he calls and I love him and serve him and let him know just how much he means to me. I run to my Savior for rest and shelter from this hard world and when I stay there long enough and spend time getting to really know Him, I am equipped for whatever may come my way.
So I am no longer tempted to run away...no, I only want to run to and be a part of this thing called life. It is a gift..full of grace and love and Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment