Saturday, December 5, 2015

He blesses...always

5 years ago last month, God literally picked us up from our comfort zone, (which had begun to feel uncomfortable), and put us here, where we are...away from friends and family, to heal as a family. I don't believe I ever would've left Mississippi, I know I wouldn't have left my parents. But I did and oh how grateful I am...oh the blessings I have seen and the stories of complete deliverance I have. I shudder to think...what if I had not listened and obeyed and moved.

Now, as I look at the lights on the tree, and yes, even though we are two kids less, I feel a joy and peace and I smile and thank Him. He moved so many to bless us as a family, so many prayed for us and gave unselfishly to us in a time of need...that I now worry about nothing. For if He is all I have, I am good.

He has promised to never burden us...
He has promised to never break us...

And He will never leave us.

Just like Abraham, I left Ur and HE led us to our own Canaan. He continues to amaze me. So as a gift back to Him, this Christmas season, I will slow down to take it all in. This is the first one that I don't have a believer in the man in the red suit. I didn't know that last year was the last year..I think I might have enjoyed it a little more.

I hope you will feel contentment where you are. I pray you enjoy each moment He gives. He is good and all He gives is good. Life is a gift...He is a gift, the greatest gift of all...

P.S.- I totally recommend Ann Voskamp's good, The Greatest Gift. What a blessing to have your eyes opened to how this season is supposed to be! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment