Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Letter to My Dad on His Bday!

Dearest daddy,
How do I begin? First, I want to wish you the happiest birthday ever! I enjoyed being home every minute and I so love our outings! The grocery store runs etc. I treasure our time together. I love being your daughter. I've never once doubted your love for me. And it's unconditional and safe. I remember as a child how safe I felt being with you. How I loved doing things with you. How I would choose to stay home and play electronic football with you over spending the night out. And trains, so much fun. Shipley donuts every Saturday and cinnamon rolls on Sunday. Sunday was a day of worship and church and family. I loved watching you in the choir. I was so proud. You radiated the love of Christ to all who knew you. You shared your faith with all who listened. ( and some who didn't ) you wanted all to know your Savior. Your Lord. You love Him so much and you passed that on to us. What a legacy. You influenced so many.

You're proud of me. You inspire me to be the best I can be. I know how much you love me. I see how you smile when I or kelly walk in the room. Your hugs are one if a kind. You provided for us. We wanted for nothing. The vacations and the memories are priceless. I wouldn't trade any of it. I loved when you drove carpool in elementary and when you took me to school at ja. You sang even though you didn't know the words. All my friends wanted a dad like you and you were mine.

Even in my darkest times and yes they were dark, you still supported me. Prayed me through it. It got ugly but you never bring up the past. Only how far I've come. Thank you dad. Thank you for loving me. For praying for me. For laughing with me. For crying with me. For the talks we had for the bedtime prayers and for always cheering me on. I couldn't love you more. Or respect you more. May you have many more birthdays. And thank you for being the greatest grandfather. My children are blessed beyond measure. My son has been influenced by the godliest man I know. He clings to your every word. Kyleemckell just sings your praises. She's so proud of you. She tells all her friends about you. She wishes they could all know you. And Jordan and Tristan were practically raised by you. You were the best babysitter. When mom and I and kelly wanted a day, you picked all of then up and got McDonald or pizza and made those days special. They'll never forget. Neither will I. I wish you lived with me. My goal and prayer is to have you and mom live with me. Don't cry! It will be fun.

Remember you and gage running the dunes? Y'all had to have your water bottles!! And dancing with Jordan and ann Layton. Watching swan princess over and over. Remember my boyfriend problems in elementary school? I talked to you about them too. Oh dad. You're truly a huge blessing in my life. Please stay around for a long time. Take care of my precious mom! Love you so much!

In Him
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment