Monday, May 14, 2012

1000 moms project and sdg

Ann Voskamp has a challenge on her blog called the 1000 moms project. You write a lettter to your mom on your blog, link with her and money is donated to the project that helps moms and babies in Haiti. So what more of a way to honor all my mom has done and is doing than by typing her a simple letter to tell her just how important she is. I am not an eloquent writer but mama doesnt care. She loves a homemade project and gift.
Dear Mom,
Where do I begin. You gave up your life for me, September 25, 1967 a really long hard labor in a airforce hospital in columbus ,ms. yielded a baby girl around 6 lbs, 6 ounces. I came out screaming and screamed and screamed. I was an attention hog from that day on. You were so young, a mere 22 year old child yourself, in a city away from family and friends, you chose to be a mother and a wife first. (actually you were a daughter of the King first)And I didnt make it easy and we had mny long days and nights together as we became aquainted with one another. God was developing patience in you for sure,"Everything beautiful always begins with a willingness to suffer" (thanks Ann Voskamp)and as a mother there is much suffering and it begins with labor, then you become last on a long list to get your needs taken care of.

somehow you managed to make hot chocoloate chip cookies, applesasuce muffins,warm chocolate pie, one with the topping and one without, we just couldnt be easy, right? Homecooked meals began and ended our days. I knew how important i was to you and still do. My favorite time of day was coming in the house after school and seeing you in the kitchen chair with a yummy snack that you hand made. I was the most important person in the room,you wanted every detail of my day, and i never asked about yours and that was ok with you. i guess i was an attention hog all along. You laughed at my jokes even though they werent funny and answered my ridiculous questions with a straight face like was i going to jail for throwing a banana peel out the window on the highway? and was a truck going to slip on it and wreck? i just knew they would find me.You were the audience for ou plays and dances and cheers etc. part one

3 comments:

  1. Your mama sounds a lot like mine. And neither do I recall ever asking about her day when I got home from school.

    Thanking God for precious, selfless mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, This bring back such memories of my own childhood! And now that my Mom is old and needs my help, I can return a portion of the love she showed me while I was growing up.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they make Moms like ours anymore? She sounds wonderful, just like mine was! ;)

    ReplyDelete