Monday, May 7, 2012

Recipes and life.

When my grandmother died a few years ago she left me her recipes. Along with many memories and love and a relationship with Jesus Christ. I pulled the brown wooden boxes out today and realized they were completely out of order. Appetizers and chicken and vegetable dishes all in random places and really hard to put my finger on when needed. Kind of how life can be. Completely out of order. Chaos. No flow whatsoever. As i I began placing the right ones behind the right label I realized that it's just that simple to get my life in order. That I just need to place Jesus in front of all the rest and it will all fall into place and chaos becomes order and life flows again with a rhythm that only He can orchestrate. Praise always precedes the miracle. So I praise Him and ask Him to step in first and I go along the rest of today knowing He's got this.

6 comments:

  1. I like that analogy :) Very true with prioritizing and life! Hope to get to know/read more about you Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise precedes the miracle. I love this, Kim. May I be full of praise today! Not just so I can get a miracle, but because I do have so much to praise Jesus for.

    I also love that you have your grandmother's recipes. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had all of my grandma's recipes. She died before I could ask for them. I have a few and I am thankful for that...so her legacy lives on still. Yes, Jesus has got us and boy am I glad. I am part of your SDG group...great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to meet all of you too! I'm stil trying to figure out the link tools but I'm getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for reminding me of such a simple and powerful truth: Just put Jesus in front. I will do this today by the grace that He supplies.
    thanks,Kim!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, Kim! A quick and yet satisfying object lesson that I can remember.
    I've been in & out of town a lot over the past week, so I am totally late in visiting some of my SDG friends! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete