Friday, May 25, 2012

Gratitude

I'm right in the middle of finishing my letter to my mom and I will finish it but I really feel led to talk about being grateful. Because lately I haven't been. I've not liked my life lately. It's not what I would've picked but that's the beauty of being His child I don't have to pick my life. I'm letting Him take the wheel ! I am human and I have been a complainer lately. It all has to do with worldly possessions and money. I find myself saying no God you don't know what's best for us. I over analyze what I'm doing wrong. Am I being punished am I not righteous enough. Of course I'm not righteous enough. Of course I'm doing things wrong. I'm a sinner. But I've been forgiven. Redeemed. Lived by the King. He's my groom. He dances and sings over me. He pulls me out of the pit of despair. He can take my yuck and make it beautiful. So take all my thoughts captive. Replace them with your truth. May You be my first thought and last thought of the day and May I sing for joy just because I'm yours!

3 comments:

  1. Kim, we are all finding out the same thing--in His presence we are strengthened for our everyday lives. So glad we have Him; I can't even imagine life without Him!
    Hope you have a lovely week-end,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Of course I'm doing things wrong. I'm a sinner. But I've been forgiven. Redeemed."

    Amen! Love this. Thanks for sharing, Kim. I need to live more gratefully too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one overanalyzer to another, THANK YOU for this perspective! May you have a blessed, wonderful week as His beloved.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete